I am not a good blogger.
And that's that.
I keep thinking since I have an office job now that Ill be a little better at it... but we will see. My OCD (or OCDC as my mom calls it) stops me from doing fun things like this sometimes (thanks dad). I get too caught up in the writing and format part of it that nobody probably even notices or cares about besides myself. Most of the time, just minutes after starting a post I usually give up and beg Nick to write one. He's much better at this than I ever will be. But since he is currently working a full time job, going to school full time, trying to finish remodeling our house and playing basketball 2 nights a week I figured it was time for me to step it up and give it another shot.
I make no promises.
I finally got some inspiration to blog again when my softball teammate and friend Chloe posted this wedding challenge on her blog. Basically what happened is a bunch of posts and pictures from her blog somehow got erased when she changed her email address, including her engagement, wedding, and honeymoon posts. So instead of trying to upload them all back into one giant post, she had the idea of doing them little posts at a time counting down to her 2 year anniversary next week. So since I never even blogged about our wedding or honeymoon and we are coming up on our first anniversary in April, I loved the idea. Here is the list of separate posts she will be doing and challenged her readers to do too:
1. how it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together.....etc.
2. when you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when did you know?
3. proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that... etc.
4. the ring: tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures! tell us about his ring too!
5. engagement/bridal pictures: let's see em!
6. the colors: show some of the flower and colors you used
7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory?
8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?
9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?
10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!
11. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.
12. honeymoon: where did you go? was it good? ;) haha...jk.
13. thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?
14. first place that you lived together: pics if you have them!
15. kids: do you have any yet? if not, when do you plan on it? how many do you want? any tips on good/bad birth control?
16. most recent picture of you and your significant other and what you love most about them :) and any other thoughts.
I'm sure Ill change some things a little bit and mostly just post pictures. And I definitely wont be doing it all in a week. But I thought it would be a good start to get me blogging again. We'll see if it works....
Also, quick update:
- Nick went back to school in January. He does a really good job at figuring out how to juggle a full time job, going to school full time, homework, and my need for attention. I couldn't do it.
- I grew up (not really) and got a big girl job. I am now a receptionist at a printing company called Press Media.
-We moved from Payson to Provo in January and are in the process of remodeling the house. Im excited to get it all done and decorated.