Sep 12, 2010

Fish Lake

{August 21}

We went to Fish lake this year for the Chappell's annual camping trip. Nick's dad is from Loa so their family goes there every year for the town's celebration. Nick had to work on Saturday so we had to miss the parade and fair, but based on the large amount of candy the kids had
in their grocery bags it must have been a good one.

(We all got a little split up throughout the day so I'm sorry I wasn't able to get pictures of everybody.)




The kids fished, the boys swam in the freeeeeezing cold water, we ate lots of great food and yummy snacks, and then... went to the demolition derby.
Never in my life did I think I would be going to a demolition derby, let alone loving every second of it.
They are so entertaining! I was honestly disappointed when it was over.






We had such a great time. I couldn't ask for better in-laws. They are so nice and fun to be around.

4 comments:

Terry said...

Looked like you had a great time. Those small towns are the best and Fish Lake is gorgeous but Cold. So glad that you married into a wonderful family.

Makell Wintle said...

Hey so glad you got to experience the Wayne county fair! I was totally there and can't believe I didn't run into you. Did you see our lovely parade that wraps around twice because it's so short?:)

Madsen Updates said...

I don't even know what a demolition derby is? I thought it was where the little boy scouts race those tiny little cars that they have to make...but then looking at your pics, it didn't quite match up. haha..but looks like fun. I'm glad you love your in-laws, it makes all the difference.

Linds said...

fish lake is also a favorite of ours. i'm a sucker for a demo derby. looks like too much fun!